Life Time State Privacy Notice at Collection and Privacy Rights
Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Certain states, including California and Virginia (and Colorado on July 1, 2023), Connecticut (on July 1, 2023), and Utah (on December 31, 2023), require additional information regarding our privacy practices and your privacy rights. Depending on whether you are a resident of those states ("Consumer"), we provide you additional notices about our privacy practices and consumer rights relating to your personal information or personal data, as defined under those laws ("Personal Information").
California and Other States Notice of Information Collected and/or Disclosed
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) and privacy laws in Virginia (and Colorado (on July 1, 2023), Connecticut (on July 1, 2023), and Utah (on December 31, 2023)), afford consumers residing in those states certain rights with respect to their Personal Information. If you are a California resident, including a business contact of one of our vendors or other type of business which transacts with Life Time (collectively, “CA Business Contact”), or a Virginia (or Colorado (on July 1, 2023), Connecticut (on July 1, 2023), and Utah (on December 31, 2023)) resident, this section applies to you.
If you are a California employee, employee applicant, or contractor of Life Time, please refer to the Life Time Privacy Notice for California Consumers/Employees for a description of Life Time’s privacy practices that apply in that context.
Collection And Use of Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of different situations, including, but not limited to our websites, your mobile device, through email, in physical locations, through the mail, over the telephone, and/or in any other situation where we interact with you. More specifically, Life Time collects the following categories of Personal Information from its Consumers, which will depend on the particular Business Purpose for which we collect it:
|Category||Examples of Personal Information|
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, phone number, email address, account name, date of birth, names of children who use club services.|
CA Business Contact: A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, phone number, email address, account name.
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) or in the applicable state laws.||
A name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, date of birth, financial account information, credit card number, debit card number, medical, health, exercise, or sleep information.|
CA Business Contact: Name, signature, business address, telephone number.
|Protected classification characteristics under California, Virginia, or federal law.||
Age, marital status, medical condition, physical disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), veteran or military status.|
CA Business Contact: None.
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
CA Business Contact: None
|Internet or other similar network activity.||
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
CA Business Contact: None
Approximate physical location based on IP address.|
CA Business Contact: None.
Audio, visual, heart rate, pulse, and other exercise activity data.|
CA Business Contact: None.
|Professional or employment-related information.||
Job title or related information|
CA Business Contact: Job title.
|Inferences drawn from other personal information.||
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, or behavior.|
CA Business Contact: None.
|Sensitive Personal Information.||
Driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code in order to process payments; racial or ethnic origin; Social Security Number, citizenship or immigration status, personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health (including mental or physical health diagnosis); personal data collected from a known child, the contents of a consumer’s mail, email and text messages, unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication.|
CA Business Contact: None.
Personal Information does not include deidentified information or aggregate consumer information.
Life Time obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase, or when you communicate with us about our ongoing business relationship.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website or mobile applications, among other things.
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect from you or about you for the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you disclose your name and contact information to ask us a question or inquire about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. When you purchase a membership, product or service, we may use your information to facilitate communication about that membership, product, or service. If we seek to or do engage you as a vendor or other type of business relationship, we use your Personal Information to communicate about our potential, current, or former business relationship.
- To contact you and to inform you about products, services, promotions, special offers, and/or events that may interest you.
- To provide you information about our products and services, such as providing you updates and information about classes you have enrolled in.
- To enable you to participate in online classes, training programs, or other events.
- To manage the health and safety of the workplace, club and digital environment, including the health and safety of employees and club and digital members, and/or to respond to or manage public health issues.
- To manage services we provide to your children that you sign up as club members, for example, to participate in Kids Academy or various other camps, activities, or childcare options.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, App, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments, and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your App or Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, App, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our App or Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For research, analysis, and business development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA or other applicable state laws, or subsequently agreed to by you.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Life Time's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Life Time about our Consumers is among the assets transferred.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Life Time has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers.||Service providers, web hosting and internet service providers, information technology, customer service, cloud service, data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) or in the applicable state laws.||Service providers, information technology, customer service, data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Service providers, web hosting and internet service providers, information technology, cloud service, data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
|Geolocation data.||Service providers, web hosting and internet service providers, information technology, cloud service, data analytics, marketing and advertising, our affiliated entities.|
|Sensory data.||Service providers, web hosting and internet service providers, information technology, customer service, cloud service, data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.||Data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
|Sensitive Personal Information.||Service providers, web hosting and internet service providers, information technology, customer service, cloud service, data analytics, marketing and advertising.|
Retention of Personal Information
We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than is reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes we disclose in this policy.
Information Relevant to California and Other States
Targeted Advertising and California Sharing of Personal Information
The CPRA requires that we notify you if we “Share” your Personal Information with third parties. For purposes of the CPRA, “Sharing” means that we make available or otherwise disclose your information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising, such as targeting of advertising to you based on your Personal Information obtained from your activity across businesses, websites, apps, and services other than our Services.
Similarly, the VCDPA (and Colorado (on July 1, 2023), Connecticut (on July 1, 2023), and Utah (on December 31, 2023)) requires that we notify you if we use your information for Targeted Advertising. “Targeted Advertising” means displaying advertisements to you where the advertisement is selected based on Personal Information obtained from your activities over time and across nonaffiliated websites or online applications to predict your preferences or interests.
Accordingly, we “Share” and use your information for Targeted Advertising. Specifically, we disclose your identifiers and internet or other network activity with Service Providers. Life Time does not presently Share your Personal Information (as described above) in California or Virginia. At such time that Life Time does undertake Sharing in these states, you will be given an option to opt-out of sharing or Targeted Advertising through this Privacy Notice.
Sales of Personal Information
California law provides for certain disclosures about Personal Information we “sell,” which means certain scenarios in which Life Time has disclosed Personal Information with third parties or affiliates, in exchange for valuable consideration, which could include situations where we “Share” your personal information as described above for cross-context behavioral advertising. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Life Time has sold Personal Information to the extent “Sharing” is considered a “sale” (as described above).
Sensitive Personal Information
Privacy laws in California and Virginia (and Colorado (on July 1, 2023), Connecticut (on July 1, 2023), and Utah (on December 31, 2023)) specify certain rights with respect to our collection of certain information those laws designate as “Sensitive Personal Information.” We obtain consent to collect that information in those states where consent is required. Moreover, each state’s privacy laws may consider different pieces of information to be “Sensitive Personal Information.” When we notify residents of certain states that we collect Sensitive Personal Information, that means that we collect Sensitive Personal Information within the meaning of the law of that particular state. We collect Sensitive Personal Information in California and Virginia (and Colorado (on July 1, 2023), Connecticut (on July 1, 2023), and Utah (on December 31, 2023)). We collect the types of Sensitive Personal Information, to the extent included in your state’s definition, listed above in the Categories of Personal Information we collect. We do not use Sensitive Personal Information to infer characteristics about you.
Global Privacy Control
You can also opt out of certain sharing and sales by visiting our Services with a recognized universal choice signal enabled (such as the Global Privacy Control). Please note that, depending on which opt-out preference signal you use, our processing of the signal may be limited to the specific browser or device that you are using. You may need to renew your opt-out if you use a different browser or device to access our Services.
Your Consumer Rights and Choices
Subject to certain limitations, depending on our state of residence, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, and to access your information, (2) request deletion of your Personal Information, (3) request correction of your Personal Information and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To exercise the access, data portability, correction, and deletion rights described above, as well as to request that we limit our processing of your sensitive personal information, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-888-430-6432
- Accessing our Request Portal (external link - opens in a new window)
Only you, or a person authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. If we receive your request from an authorized agent and they do not provide a valid power of attorney, we may ask the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request to exercise rights on your behalf. In the absence of a valid power of attorney, we may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us or confirm to us that you otherwise provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please call 1-888-430-6432.
Changes to Our State-Specific Privacy Notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. If we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date at the top of this policy and in, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice, such as adding a statement of notice on the App and Website or sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
- Phone: 1-888-430-6432
- Email: Privacy@lt.life (external link - opens in your email browser)
- Postal Address:
ATTN: Privacy Team
Life Time, Inc.
2902 Corporate Place
Chanhassen, MN 55317